If you’re here, it means you’re licensed in your state and have already at least started the contracting process through the Equis insurance carriers! Congratulations- you’re made huge progress. This is where the fun begins. Use the links on this page to establish and build out your foundation. There’s a lot to learn, but take it one step at a time and you’ll be in the field protecting families and earning commissions before you know it.
1a. New Agent Checklist
1b. Access Calculators and Applications
You can access all quote calculators here. Download or bookmark them and run a few sample quotes to get familiar with how they work.
You can access applications on your Equis dashboard under Carrier Resources on the left navigation. Download and print a hard copy of all the most common applications so you have a backup in case technology becomes an issue. These include:
- Foresters Financial: Strong Foundation, Smart UL, PlanRight, Advantage Plus II
- American Amicable (AmAm): Senior Choice, Home Protector
- CFG (Columbian Financial Group): Dignified Choice (final expense), SafeShield term
- Mutual of Omaha (MoO): Living Promise, Term Life Express, Indexed Universal Life Express
1c. Set your Goals
If you haven’t yet, set some lofty goals that will push you out of your comfort zone. Use this Game Plan Calculator to help you build a specific plan and know where your numbers need to be.
In case you need it, here’s the compensation plan.
Once you have your numbers, fill out this game plan and share it with your manager. Post it somewhere so you’ll be reminded of what activity you need to be doing each week to achieve your goals.
Finally, as you get in motion, you’ll find this sheet handy for tracking your numbers from week to week.
1d. Plug into Education
Equis puts out a regular vodcast, interviewing top agents in the country. Access it from your agent dashboard in your Training Center or click here.
As an agent, you’ll likely spend some time on the road. Turn driving time into learning time by plugging into several podcasts also available to keep you learning and growing. Find these by name on your podcast platform of choice:
- Agents for Life is a weekly report from Matthew Wilson with sales tips, stories, training and other surprises
- Good Life Podcast is put out by the Cornerstone Group (John Kight).
- The Sylvester Team is a podcast from Dick and Connie Sylvester and always has great tips and ideas for improving your sales
1e. Set up your Business Finances & Taxes
Now that you’ve started your own business, it’s important that you set up your everything correctly and follow some sound financial and tax practices.
This training video is an interview with Preston Anderson, my own tax guy. He keeps me out of trouble and his advice will do the same for you.