If you’re here, it means you’re licensed and contracted with the Equis insurance carriers! Go through this training and you’ll be in the field protecting families and earning commissions before you know it.
1a. New Agent Checklist
1b. Calculators and Applications
If you’re face-to-face, download and print off the most common applications so you have a backup in case of a technology glitch. These include:
- Foresters Financial: Strong Foundation, Smart UL, PlanRight, Adv+ II
- American Amicable (AmAm): Senior Choice, Home Protector
- CFG (Columbian Financial Group): Dignified Choice (final expense), SafeShield term
- Mutual of Omaha (MoO): Living Promise, Term Life Express
1c. Set your Goals
If you haven’t yet, set some lofty goals that will push you out of your comfort zone. Use this Game Plan Calculator to help you build a specific plan and know where your numbers need to be. Once you have your numbers, set goals and share them with your manager. Post them where you’ll see them.
In case you need it, click below to download the Equis System and compensation plan.
1d. Plug into Education
Equis has created a TON of training and content in your training center, accessed in the lower right corner of your dashboard.
Turn your driving time into learning time by plugging into several podcasts also available to keep you learning and growing:
- Agents for Life is a weekly podcast with sales tips, stories, training and more
- Good Life Podcast is put out by the Cornerstone Group (John Kight)
- The Sylvester Team is hosted by Dick and Connie Sylvester and always has great training to improve your sales skills
1e. Finances & Taxes
Now that you’ve started your own business, it’s important that you set up your everything correctly and follow some sound financial and tax practices.
This training video is an interview with Preston Anderson, my own tax guy. He keeps me out of trouble and his advice will do the same for you.