Leads are available but not required. If you have a limited budget for leads, you may want to start with older, less expensive leads (2c – 2g). Either way, the right lead strategy will be critical to your success at Equis. Schedule a call with your manager to see what approach would be right for you.
2a. Your Circle of Influence
Everyone needs life insurance, including YOU! Unless you’re adequately covered, writing a policy on yourself or a member of your immediate family is not only good practice, it’s also low-pressure and gives you a commission right out of the gate.
Next, why not reach out to people you know and let them know you’re in the industry? Offer to review their policy for free or to “practice” reviewing policies (since you’re new). The practice will be valuable and you may surprise yourself by writing a bunch of new business. Here are some tips:
- Don’t be pushy, be yourself and ask as one friend to another if you can come over and review their policy
- If you’re not sure what to do, simply download the Policy Review Form and fill it out when you get there
- Most people do NOT know what they have in their policy- you’ll be surprised
- Call your upline manager from the home, as you would in any other appointment
- Some agents get so good at working inside their own market and asking for referrals that they never have to purchase a single lead!
2b. Investing in Leads
Shifting over to a CEO mentality means investing money into your business. Without leads, you have no appointments. Without appointments, you have no income. One of the things all top leaders do is invest in their business. If there was a secret to big numbers, it’s lead flow.
The biggest leaders on the leaderboard are investing $1,000 a week in leads (but they’re making $150K+ in income at that level). You’ll want to start where you are, but start somewhere and grow from there. The more income you make, the more you have to invest back into your business. Your upline manager will help you make the best recommendations and plan to get you going.
2c. Opt! (Mortgage Protection) Leads
Watch the Training– Click the video on the left to understand the different types of leads and learn how to set up your Opt! account so you can start accessing your leads (Chrome works best).
Please note: When you log in, Opt! will present a solicitation for some monthly marketing services. Please disregard this.
To get on A-Lead Standing Lead Order, please call the Equis Main Office and talk to Jackie Hensley.
2d. Integrity (Internet) Leads
Watch the Training– Click the video on the left to watch how to set up your Integrity account (Chrome works best).
- Enter your email in the user field
- Skip password and click “Forgot Password”
- Find the email, click and set up a password
- Click on “Order Leads” > Buy Cherry Pick (left navigation), then click on your state and find your desired counties to purchase
- Only buy “Instant Internet” leads, not “New Internet Leads”
- Click on “ALERT” box in the blue bar to get notified as new leads become available (every 30 min)
- Once purchased, find your leads under Manage Leads > Go To Search. Check the boxes and one of the icons next to it to download as a Spreadsheet or Mailer Template (separate pages)
How to Run Instant Internet Leads
Watch this interview with top producers Jarrod Ewing and Rick Hazouri to learn how best to run these types of leads.
- Supplement these with your Mortgage Protection Leads rather than canceling your standing lead order
- Buy and CALL them right away. These are time sensitive!!
- Here is the script. Similar to Mortgage Protection, but with a few changes.
2e. Opt! (Final Expense) Leads
If you’d like to run Final Expense leads, contact your upline manager first and schedule a chat. Final Expense require a different strategy and it’s best if you’re coached through it to make sure it’s the right approach for what you need or what might suit you.
2f. IPLs (Incomplete Phone Leads)
IPL leads are a great way to start your business. These leads are newer. They are created when someone calls into the 800 # but does NOT complete the conversation for some reason. They may have become disinterested, they may have hung up too early, or maybe the cat got diarrhea. Nobody knows…until you call them. Expect to book about 1 in 5 you talk to. But make sure you use the IPL script! Pete Beckman does some great training on these in the Agent Training Center on your dashboard.
2g. Other Lead Sources
T1: 3-9 months old ($6/lead)
T2: 9-18 months old ($4/lead)
T3: 18+ months ($2/lead)
Office: (888) 346-4686
Direct: (918) 858-0967
$.50, $1.00, $3.00 leads. Click on the link below and set up an account (made especially for Equis agents):